School Field Trips
Teatown offers a variety of nature classes for both pre-school and school-aged students, specifically designed to instill in learners a love of the environment, positive attitudes toward conservation and protection, and a sense of personal and civic environmental responsibility. By stimulating student’s interest in the sciences and environment, we hope to cultivate future generations of environmentally caring and responsible adults. Choose from a wide variety of environmental awareness classes that meet your interests and your students’ needs. For your scheduling convenience and to correspond with your school’s science curriculum, the classes are grouped by their major focus area: nature appreciation, conservation and responsible human interaction with nature.
For more information or to register for a field trip, contact our Director of Education, Phyllis Bock, at (914) 762-2912 x135.
- Are hands-on, inquiry based and developmentally – appropriate
- Taught in a small group format, with an instructor:student ratio of 1:12
- Connect Common Core, NYS Science Standards and STEM principles through real life experience
- Develop environmental awareness, understanding and engagement and promote environmental action.
Educational Outcomes: Our programs are designed to achieve at least one of the following outcomes.
- Awareness: Students will:
- Care (develop empathy) for the habitats and wildlife that surround us.
- Develop a sense of the environmental issues that affect our world.
- Forge connections to nature.
- Understanding and Skills: Students will:
- Understand the functioning of and interrelationships (interconnectedness) of natural systems.
- Understand the role humans play in these systems, and the complexity and dynamics of these relationships.
- Develop the skills to become better stewards or advocates of the environment and be able to make sound environmental decisions.
- Action: Students will become more engaged in environmental issues and take action to become better stewards of the environment.
Find out more about our specific programs below. Click here to learn about scholarships.