School Break Mini Camps
Looking for an activity the kids can do during school breaks? Teatown’s Mini Camps offer fun and learning while exploring nature!
We offer three environmental mini camps for children ages 6-12 years during school break weeks. The camps are run by our environmental educators who help foster young children’s innate curiosity and enthusiasm about flora and fauna through a mix of outdoor explorations and age appropriate activities, games and crafts.
It’s been a long winter, so shake off those winter blues and join in the fun at Teatown! We’ll have four days of outdoor activities and exploration on Teatown’s trails for the adventurous child to enjoy. All activities will take place outdoors, Children should come with lunch and water, dressed in clothing and footgear appropriate for being outdoors for 4 hours in cool, muddy, or wet conditions.
Monday, March 29 – Thursday, April 1, 10 am – 2 pm.
Make up day for inclement weather: April 2
Rangers: 10 – 12-year-olds
Members $225 / Non-Members $250
Maximum 8 per age group.
(No single-day registrations available)
Call 914-762-2912 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For more information about our next mini-camp, call 914-762-2912 ext. 110.
The following precautions are being adopted by Teatown to ensure safety for public program participants and staff:
- Program participants registering for in-program series must print and sign this waiver before attending programs. Participants will not be admitted to programs without a signed waiver.
- Program participants will be required to undergo a temperature check each day before being admitted to a program
- If a participant or any member of a participant’s household has any COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 they must inform Teatown and remain home.
- All participants must wear face masks and observe physical distancing protocols – 6 ft apart as much is reasonably possible during activities.
- Program numbers are set to coincide with NYS DOH Reopening Phase 4 group limits.
- All shared program material will be sanitized after use in Teatown’s UV-C closet.
- All programs are outdoors. The composting toilet and Cliffdale Education Building restrooms will be available for program participants
- Cliffdale Education Center is sanitized daily per CDC recommendations, or as needed between programs.
- No refunds will be issued for any programs. Credits for future programs will be issued for health-related reasons only.