If you think back to your childhood years, one of your memories may be of carefree summer days spent playing in the mud. Perhaps you made a mud pie fit for a king, an epic castle or just enjoyed the satisfying squelch of mud between your fingers and toes. International Mud Day on June 29 is a chance to reconnect with those childhood memories and introduce a whole new generation to the joys of messy play.
Teatown is a 1000-acre nature preserve and education center located in the Lower Hudson Valley. Our mission is to inspire our community to lifelong environmental stewardship.
Help us protect our community and preserve
Teatown is welcoming an unprecedented number of visitors during this time. Please be advised of the following:
- The Visitor Center and restrooms remain closed until further notice. The trails remain open from dawn till dusk. The Visitor Center will open when we are confident that we can do so safely for our staff and visitors.
- In-person programs are resuming in July. We will soon be holding outdoor programs for adults and families, while strictly following mandated guidelines. Programs will be held outdoors. Participants are required to wear face masks, and to practice physical distancing. We now have outdoor restrooms to accommodate program participants.
- Parking tags are again required. Parking tags are required from Friday to Sunday and on holidays, from 9am to 5pm until November. Click here for more information on our parking policy.
- Please park safely in designated parking lots and not along public roadways. Cars parked on the public roads in the Teatown neighborhood are creating a safety hazard for pedestrians, neighbors, and could make it difficult or impossible for first-responder vehicles to pass in the event of an emergency.
- Weekday visitation levels have remained manageable. To reduce overcrowding, we ask those who are able to please visit the preserve during the week instead of on the weekend.
In Our News
Hear from us
Your next virtual meeting could be a hoot!
Have Zoom meetings become the way of life for your family or organization? Teatown has the perfect solution to bring a bit of “edu”tainment to your next meeting – a visit from one of our Teatown Animal Ambassadors.
Click here to learn more.
Teatown Summer Camp will not open this year.
This decision was not made lightly but rather after many weeks of deliberation. Paramount in the decision-making process was the health and safety of campers and staff. Please click here for our full statement.
Parking tags are again required.
Parking tags are required from Friday to Sunday and on holidays, from 9am to 5pm until November.
Click here for more information on our parking policy.
Hear from us
Sign up for our bi-weekly eNewsletter to stay up to date with all things Teatown