Children’s Birthday Parties
Have your child’s next birthday party in Teatown’s Carriage House, overlooking our beautiful preserve. Your party includes a 2-hour rental with a 45-to 60-minute program with a Teatown Educator and a special gift for the guest of honor.
To schedule an event or for more information, please contact us at email@example.com or by calling (914) 762-2912, ext. 110.
MEET THE ANIMALS
Touch a snake, meet a turtle, pet a rabbit, and more! This program is an introduction to the many different animals at Teatown, and is an ideal first exploration of nature.
PREDATOR & PREY
Eat or be eaten! We will explore the differences between predator and prey while looking at animal props and meeting live animals. After, we will test our skills as predators with outside games.
FAIRY TALES AND GNOME HOMES
AGES 5+, Apr—Oct
Flutter into an enchanted world full of wonder and fun. Hear a story about fairies, then create a fairy or gnome home in the woods from natural materials.
Uncover the secrets of a woodland community. Celebrate your birthday with a guided trek through Teatown’s woods in search of wildlife, plants, and signs of the season.
LIFE IN THE POND
AGES 6+, May—Sept
Grab a net and get ready for some pond scooping fun! Teatown Lake is teeming with swimming, diving, and crawling critters. Learn about who lives in the pond and how they are adapted to life in water.
I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees! Listen to the story of a very wise woodland creature and his very important message. Join the fun as we follow a map to uncover the mysteries of the natural world.
If your child enjoys the outdoors and hiking in the woods, then this is the party for them! Through a fun, interactive game and shelter building, your child will learn the basic skills of outdoor survival.
FINDING YOUR WAY
Be ready to find your way through Teatown woods in a fast-paced relay game that combines basic compass skills and natural history trivia. Children will learn how to read a compass bearing, follow a map, and have fun learning about nature at Teatown.
Children’s Birthday Parties are a benefit of Membership at the Family Level or above. Please visit the Membership section of the website for a complete list of benefits
Single, up to 15 children $275
Double, 20-30 children $435
- You must be a member of Teatown to reserve a party.
- All parties take place in the Carriage House. (Set-up/breakdown of room provided. Client supplies food & beverage and is responsible for clean-up.)
- The birthday party must be paid in full at the time of booking. All memberships must be current for the party to be reserved.
- $25 non-refundable cleaning fee will be charged for all rentals.
- Cancellations made more than 2 weeks prior to the date of the party will receive a 75% refund; cancellations made within 2 weeks of the date of the party will receive a 50% refund. In the event Teatown Lake Reservation should have to cancel, individual will receive a 100% refund.
- There is a $45 fee to change the party date.
- Balloons and piñatas are not permitted