Children’s Birthday Parties
Create a birthday experience your child will never forget at Teatown’s beautiful nature preserve. Our professional team of environmental educators provides a safe, stimulating, and educational atmosphere for your child and their guests. Your party includes a two-hour outdoor space rental with a 45- to 60-minute program with a Teatown environmental educator and a special gift for the guest of honor.
To schedule an event or for more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (914) 762-2912, ext. 110.
MEET THE ANIMALS
Touch a snake, meet a turtle, pet a rabbit, and more! This program is an introduction to the many different animals at Teatown, and is an ideal first exploration of nature.
PREDATOR & PREY
Eat or be eaten! We will explore the differences between predator and prey while looking at animal props and meeting live animals. After, we will test our skills as predators with outside games.
FAIRY TALES AND GNOME HOMES
AGES 5+, Apr—Oct
Flutter into an enchanted world full of wonder and fun. Hear a story about fairies, then create a fairy or gnome home in the woods from natural materials.
Uncover the secrets of a woodland community. Celebrate your birthday with a guided trek through Teatown’s woods in search of wildlife, plants, and signs of the season.
LIFE IN THE POND
AGES 6+, May—Sept
Grab a net and get ready for some pond scooping fun! Teatown Lake is teeming with swimming, diving, and crawling critters. Learn about who lives in the pond and how they are adapted to life in water.
I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees! Listen to the story of a very wise woodland creature and his very important message. Join the fun as we follow a map to uncover the mysteries of the natural world.
If your child enjoys the outdoors and hiking in the woods, then this is the party for them! Through a fun, interactive game and shelter building, your child will learn the basic skills of outdoor survival.
FINDING YOUR WAY
Be ready to find your way through Teatown woods in a fast-paced relay game that combines basic compass skills and natural history trivia. Children will learn how to read a compass bearing, follow a map, and have fun learning about nature at Teatown.
Children’s Birthday Parties are a benefit of Membership at the Family Level or above. Please visit the Membership section of the website for a complete list of benefits
$275. Maximum of 25 participants including up to 12 children and 13 adults.
An additional $25 will be charged for all rentals as a non-refundable cleaning fee.
There is a $45 fee to change the party date, once booked.
- Birthday parties are available on Saturdays and Sundays only. The available slots are 10am -12 pm and 2pm – 4pm. The educational program occurs during the first hour of the time slot.
- Teatown asks all visitors to adhere to NYS health guidelines and help keep our community safe! All guests must wear masks throughout the event and follow social distancing rules. All guests must complete the COVID-19 questionnaire here and each guest’s temperature will be taken upon arriving at Teatown on the day of the party. To learn more about Teatown’s health policies, please click here: https://www.teatown.org/policies/covid-program-policies/
- All parties take place fully outside. No indoor parties or use of indoor facilities are available at this time.
- A composting toilet is available across the street from the Visitor Center.
- Picnic tables are provided by Teatown. The member/host supplies food and beverages and is responsible for clean-up.
- The birthday party fee must be paid in full at the time of booking. All Teatown memberships must be current for the party to be reserved.
- Cancellations made more than two weeks prior to the date of the party will receive a 75% refund; cancellations made within two weeks of the date of the party will receive a 50% refund. In the event Teatown should have to cancel, it will provide a 100% refund.
- Balloons and piñatas are not permitted.
- Teatown members always park free. Non-member guests must pay for parking ($5.00) at the Parking Kiosks.
If you have questions about Teatown’s Children’s Birthday Party Policies, please contact Karina Tarnawsky, Associate Director of Events and External Affairs, at (914) 762-2912 or email@example.com.