- This event has passed.
Beachcombing at RiverWalk
September 12, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Shells, sea glass, feathers! What will you find as we walk on the beach? Join a Teatown educator at the RiverWalk Center in Kingsland Point Park in Sleepy Hollow to find natural objects on the shore, while learning about the treasure that is the Hudson River Estuary.
Saturday September 12 (11:00am – 12:00pm)
Pricing and details
Families welcome. Limited to 12 people.
- Please review, print, and sign the waiver located here before attending programs. Program attendees without a signed waiver will be asked to sign one before participating.
- Families are required to wear face masks, and to practice physical distancing from other families during the program. Scroll down to see all of Teatown’s COVID policies.
- Meets outdoors at the RiverWalk Center at Kingsland Point Park in Sleepy Hollow.
- Programs require pre-registration. Online registration available until noon the day before the program.
Teatown Program COVID Policies
The following precautions are being adopted by Teatown to ensure safety for public program participants and staff:
- Program participants registering for in-program series must print and sign this waiver before attending programs. Participants will not be admitted to programs without a signed waiver, and will be asked to sign one if they do not bring one.
- Program participants will be required to undergo a temperature check each day before being admitted to a program
- If a participant or any member of a participant’s household has any COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 they must inform Teatown and remain home.
- All participants must wear face masks and observe physical distancing protocols – 6 ft apart as much is reasonably possible during activities.
- Program numbers are set to coincide with NYS DOH Reopening Phase 4 group limits.
- All shared program material will be sanitized after use in Teatown’s UV-C closet.
- All programs are outdoors. The Carriage House restrooms and Cliffdale Education Building restrooms will be available for program participants
- The Carriage House and Cliffdale Education Center are sanitized daily per CDC recommendations, or as needed between programs.
- No refunds will be issued for any programs. Credits for future programs will be issued for health-related reasons only.
- Programs will not take place in heavy rain or thunderstorms. Please check the weather before you step out!