Limited fishing will be permitted at Teatown during the 2019 season.
There has been a significant problem in past years with fishing lines and lures getting snagged in trees or otherwise left behind, posing a threat to wildlife and human visitors. Therefore, fishing at Teatown will be restricted to 15 Teatown permits. Permits will require a valid fishing license, attendance to an orientation, and a signed agreement to abide by Teatown’s rules and regulations when fishing. The full list of rules is as follows:
- Participants must be a Teatown member, have a valid fishing license, and a 2019 Teatown permit to fish.
- All participants must attend a mandatory orientation session on June 8th from 1:00pm – 2:00pm.
- There will be a minimal number of permits (15) available and they will be issued on a first come first serve basis. Each permit will be good for one family — 2 adults plus all minor children.
- A permit will allow fishing on weekends only (Saturday + Sunday) from June 15 – November 30.
- Participants will be required to wear their permit in a visible location along with their fishing license at all times.
- Teatown retains the rights to suspend/cancel the program at any time if rules and regulations are not followed.
Interested in a 2019 Teatown fishing permit? Call (914) 762-2912 x110 to register for orientation.