- This event has passed.
Little Tree Huggers
January 12 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Tuesday, repeating until January 26, 2021
Explore the snowy, icy winter world in this program for the youngest nature lovers. Through hikes, play, experiments and projects, we’ll find out what seasonal changes are taking place. Please dress for the weather and a full outdoor program. In the event of extreme cold (below 32), class will be cancelled and a make-up day will be offered.
January 12, 19, 26
Pricing and details
For children ages 3 – 5 with caregiver. Limited to 8 children/group.
- Please review, print, and sign the waiver located herebefore attending programs. Program attendees without a signed waiver will be asked to sign one before participating.
- Families are required to wear face masks, and to practice physical distancing from other families during the program. Scroll down to see all of Teatown’s COVID policies.
- Meets outdoors at the trail map kiosk (on the main lawn behind Teatown’s Visitor Center)
- Programs require pre-registration.
The following precautions are being adopted by Teatown to ensure safety for public program participants and staff:
- Program participants registering for in-program series must print and sign this waiver before attending programs. Participants will not be admitted to programs without a signed waiver.
- Program participants will be required to undergo a temperature check each day before being admitted to a program
- If a participant or any member of a participant’s household has any COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 they must inform Teatown and remain home.
- All participants must wear face masks and observe physical distancing protocols – 6 ft apart as much is reasonably possible during activities.
- Program numbers are set to coincide with NYS DOH Reopening Phase 4 group limits.
- All shared program material will be sanitized after use in Teatown’s UV-C closet.
- All programs are outdoors. The composting toilet and Cliffdale Education Building restrooms will be available for program participants
- Cliffdale Education Center is sanitized daily per CDC recommendations, or as needed between programs.
- No refunds will be issued for any programs. Credits for future programs will be issued for health-related reasons only.