- This event has passed.
The Explorer’s Club (Ages 8-12)
September 15, 2020 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 3:30 pm on Tuesday, repeating until September 29, 2020
Be part of the action and join the club! Like explorers of old we’ll use our wits and learn skills that make us wood-wise and nature aware. At our special camp in the woods we’ll practice primitive and survival skills.
September 15, 22, 29 (3:30pm – 5:00pm)
Pricing and details
For children ages 8 – 12. Limited to 8 children/group.
- Please review, print, and sign the waiver located here before attending programs. Program attendees without a signed waiver will be asked to sign one before participating.
- Families are required to wear face masks, and to practice physical distancing from other families during the program. Scroll down to see all of Teatown’s COVID policies.
- Meets outdoors at the trail map kiosk on the main lawn behind the Nature Center.
- Programs require pre-registration. Online registration available until noon on September 14.
Teatown Program COVID Policies
The following precautions are being adopted by Teatown to ensure safety for public program participants and staff:
- Program participants registering for in-program series must print and sign this waiver before attending programs. Participants will not be admitted to programs without a signed waiver, and will be asked to sign one if they do not bring one.
- Program participants will be required to undergo a temperature check each day before being admitted to a program
- If a participant or any member of a participant’s household has any COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 they must inform Teatown and remain home.
- All participants must wear face masks and observe physical distancing protocols – 6 ft apart as much is reasonably possible during activities.
- Program numbers are set to coincide with NYS DOH Reopening Phase 4 group limits.
- All shared program material will be sanitized after use in Teatown’s UV-C closet.
- All programs are outdoors. The Carriage House restrooms and Cliffdale Education Building restrooms will be available for program participants
- The Carriage House and Cliffdale Education Center are sanitized daily per CDC recommendations, or as needed between programs.
- No refunds will be issued for any programs. Credits for future programs will be issued for health-related reasons only.
- Programs will not take place in heavy rain or thunderstorms. Please check the weather before you step out!