- This event has passed.
Teatown Trekkers (Ages 8-12)
September 3, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 9:30 am, repeating until September 3, 2020
Before it’s time to take on the challenge of the school year join the Teatown educators in 3 days of exploring Teatown’s habitats. We will visit fields, forest and wetlands, trek the trails and search for animal signs and traces. Nets ready? Set and go!
September 1, 2, 3 (9:30am – 12:00pm)
Pricing and details
For children ages 8 – 12. Limited to 8 children/group.
- Please review, print, and sign the waiver located here before attending programs. Program attendees without a signed waiver will be asked to sign one before participating.
- Families are required to wear face masks, and to practice physical distancing from other families during the program. Scroll down to see all of Teatown’s COVID policies.
- Meets outdoors at the trail map kiosk (Located on the main lawn behind Teatown’s Nature Center)
- Programs require pre-registration. Online registration available until noon on August 31.
Teatown Summer Program COVID Policies
The following precautions are being adopted by Teatown to ensure safety for public program participants and staff:
- Program participants registering for in-program series must print and sign this waiver before attending programs. Participants will not be admitted to programs without a signed waiver, and will be asked to sign one if they do not bring one.
- Program participants will be required to undergo a temperature check each day before being admitted to a program
- If a participant or any member of a participant’s household has any COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 they must inform Teatown and remain home.
- All participants must wear face masks and observe physical distancing protocols – 6 ft apart as much is reasonably possible during activities.
- Program numbers are set to coincide with NYS DOH Reopening Phase 4 group limits.
- All shared program material will be sanitized after use in Teatown’s UV-C closet.
- All programs are outdoors. The Carriage House restrooms and Cliffdale Education Building restrooms will be available for program participants
- The Carriage House and Cliffdale Education Center are sanitized daily per CDC recommendations, or as needed between programs.
- Individual kits of craft supplies will be distributed at the first program of the series for those enrolled in Mother-Daughter Nature Club, Wilderness Explorers, and Earth Stewards. These kits will be collected at the end of each program time and is for the expressed use of the individual whose name is on the kit. Sharing of individual program supplies is discouraged.
- No refunds will be issued for any programs. Credits for future programs will be issued for health-related reasons only.
- Programs will not take place in heavy rain or thunderstorms. Please check the weather before you step out!