- This event has passed.
Teatown PlantFest: First Pick
May 10, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Come to the opening night festivities! Whether you are a serious gardener or an eager first-timer, this is a plant sale with farmers market appeal. Besides “first pick” of all the wonderful plants and complementary vendors’ offerings, Friday night admission also includes live music, small plates from several local chefs, and wine, local hard cider and craft beer.
This year’s First Pick
Includes live music, small plates from local chefs, wine, local craft beer, and hard cider.
Looking for unusual perennials, stunning mixed containers or baskets, native plants for a woodland path or ornamental and culinary herbs? Advice about bee and butterfly attractors, strategies for coexisting with our native deer population, or planting a successful raised bed vegetable garden? PlantFest brings it all together: abundant plant varieties (natives, perennials, annuals, herbs and vegetables), expert helpers, and over a dozen complementary vendors.
Choose from the finest selection of:
- McCue’s Wildflowers and Native Plants
- Annuals and hanging baskets
- Gilbertie’s Herbs
- Organic vegetables
New at this year’s First Pick
- 3 local chefs offering “small plates”: Peter Pratt’s Inn, RiverMarket, and Black Rock Kitchen
- Live acoustic music from Rip and the Sleepy Hollow Boys
- Jan Johnsen, local Croton author and New York Botanical Garden instructor, will be signing copies of her newly released book, Gardentopia
- Old York Farm Distillery of Hudson, New York, will offer tastings of their unique line of spirits and will have their products available for sale
Fable: From Farm to Table
Kit Burke Smith Jewelry
Feed the Birds
Plan It Wild
Nick the Knife
Olde York Farm
Little Light Pottery
Mustard Seed- Bread