- This event has passed.
Mother-Daughter Nature Girls (ages 8-12 years with female caregiver)
July 28, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
An event every day that begins at 9:30 am, repeating until July 30, 2020
We are taking Teatown Nature Girls to the next level so mom can join in the fun too! The outdoors is the inspiration for a journey of self-discovery and exploration creating strong bonds. Through action and reflection, we’ll expand knowledge of each other, nature, and extraordinary women scientists. Muddy adventures, art projects, and sharing circles will leave mom and daughter as role models to each other.
July 28, 29, 30
9:30 am– 11:30 am each day
Pricing and details
For girls ages 8-12 years with Mom (or female caregiver). 8 couples maximum.
- Please review, print, and sign the waiver located here before attending programs. Program attendees without a signed waiver will be asked to sign one before participating.
- Families are required to wear face masks, and to practice physical distancing from other families during the program. Scroll down to see all of Teatown’s COVID policies.
- Programs require pre-registration. Online registration available until noon on July 27.
- Meets at Cliffdale Farm. Please click here for directions.
How to register
Registration for this program is by phone only. Please call Millie at (914) 762-2912 x111, on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday between 10AM and 3PM. Millie will return any voicemails when she is next in the office.
Teatown Summer Program COVID Policies
The following precautions are being adopted by Teatown to ensure safety for public program participants and staff:
- Program participants registering for in-program series must print and sign this waiver before attending programs. Participants will not be admitted to programs without a signed waiver, and will be asked to sign one if they do not bring one.
- Program participants will be required to undergo a temperature check each day before being admitted to a program
- If a participant or any member of a participant’s household has any COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 they must inform Teatown and remain home.
- All participants must wear face masks and observe physical distancing protocols – 6 ft apart as much is reasonably possible during activities.
- Program numbers are set to coincide with NYS DOH Reopening Phase 4 group limits.
- All shared program material will be sanitized after use in Teatown’s UV-C closet.
- All programs are outdoors. The Carriage House restrooms and Cliffdale Education Building restrooms will be available for program participants
- The Carriage House and Cliffdale Education Center are sanitized daily per CDC recommendations, or as needed between programs.
- Individual kits of craft supplies will be distributed at the first program of the series for those enrolled in Mother-Daughter Nature Club, Wilderness Explorers, and Earth Stewards. These kits will be collected at the end of each program time and is for the expressed use of the individual whose name is on the kit. Sharing of individual program supplies is discouraged.
- No refunds will be issued for any programs. Credits for future programs will be issued for health-related reasons only.
- Programs will not take place in heavy rain or thunderstorms. Please check the weather before you step out!