- This event has passed.
Incredible Insects Series (Ages 4-7 with Caregiver)
September 30, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 3:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until September 30, 2020
Delve into the fascinating world of insects in this fun-filled class with insect explorations, hikes, games and art. We’ll explore what makes an insect and how these clever creatures adapt to their numerous habitats!
September 16, 23, 30 (3:00pm – 4:30pm)
Pricing and Details
For children ages 4 – 7 with caregiver. Limited to 8 children/group.
- Please review, print, and sign the waiver located here before attending programs. Program attendees without a signed waiver will be asked to sign one before participating.
- Families are required to wear face masks, and to practice physical distancing from other families during the program. Scroll down to see all of Teatown’s COVID policies.
- Meets outdoors at the trail map kiosk (behind Teatown’s Visitor Center in the main lawn).
- Programs require pre-registration. Online registration available until noon on September 15.
Teatown Program COVID Policies
The following precautions are being adopted by Teatown to ensure safety for public program participants and staff:
- Program participants registering for in-program series must print and sign this waiver before attending programs. Participants will not be admitted to programs without a signed waiver, and will be asked to sign one if they do not bring one.
- Program participants will be required to undergo a temperature check each day before being admitted to a program
- If a participant or any member of a participant’s household has any COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 they must inform Teatown and remain home.
- All participants must wear face masks and observe physical distancing protocols – 6 ft apart as much is reasonably possible during activities.
- Program numbers are set to coincide with NYS DOH Reopening Phase 4 group limits.
- All shared program material will be sanitized after use in Teatown’s UV-C closet.
- All programs are outdoors. The Carriage House restrooms and Cliffdale Education Building restrooms will be available for program participants
- The Carriage House and Cliffdale Education Center are sanitized daily per CDC recommendations, or as needed between programs.
- No refunds will be issued for any programs. Credits for future programs will be issued for health-related reasons only.
- Programs will not take place in heavy rain or thunderstorms. Please check the weather before you step out!