- This event has passed.
September 18 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 3:30 pm on Friday, repeating until October 2, 2020
Kick off the weekend the natural way by hiking to some less frequently traveled spots on Teatown’s property. Through scavenger hunts and challenges, we’ll discover the various habitats Teatown has to offer and the animals within them. Bring sturdy shoes, water, and a snack to enjoy from some scenic vistas.
September 18 (3:30pm -5:00pm)
September 25 (3:30pm -5:00pm)
October 2 (3:30pm -5:00pm)
Pricing and details
Recommended for families with children ages 5 and over. Limited to 8 families.
- Please review, print, and sign the waiver located here before attending programs. Program attendees without a signed waiver will be asked to sign one before participating.
- Families are required to wear face masks, and to practice physical distancing from other families during the program. Scroll down to see all of Teatown’s COVID policies.
- Meets outdoors at the trail map kiosk (on the main lawn behind Teatown’s Visitor Center)
- Programs require pre-registration. Online registration available until noon the day before the program.
Teatown Program COVID Policies
The following precautions are being adopted by Teatown to ensure safety for public program participants and staff:
- Program participants registering for in-program series must print and sign this waiver before attending programs. Participants will not be admitted to programs without a signed waiver, and will be asked to sign one if they do not bring one.
- Program participants will be required to undergo a temperature check each day before being admitted to a program
- If a participant or any member of a participant’s household has any COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 they must inform Teatown and remain home.
- All participants must wear face masks and observe physical distancing protocols – 6 ft apart as much is reasonably possible during activities.
- Program numbers are set to coincide with NYS DOH Reopening Phase 4 group limits.
- All shared program material will be sanitized after use in Teatown’s UV-C closet.
- All programs are outdoors. The Carriage House restrooms and Cliffdale Education Building restrooms will be available for program participants
- The Carriage House and Cliffdale Education Center are sanitized daily per CDC recommendations, or as needed between programs.
- No refunds will be issued for any programs. Credits for future programs will be issued for health-related reasons only.
- Programs will not take place in heavy rain or thunderstorms. Please check the weather before you step out!