- This event has passed.
Curious Ravens (Ages 8-12)
November 11, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Wednesday, repeating until November 18, 2020
With 1000 acres to explore Teatown is situated as the perfect outdoor classroom for the housebound student. Whether your child is being homeschooled, or simply needs a break from the stress of remote learning, Teatown offers a classroom without walls.
Come discover what the forests, fields and wetlands can teach us. Track the wildlife of Teatown, know what’s happening around us through bird language, and discover native plants that wildlife rely on. Hands-on investigations, activities, and games in a small group setting led by Teatown’s experienced environmental educators.
November 4, 11, 18 from 1pm-4pm
Pricing and details
For children ages 8 – 12. Limited to 8 children/group.
- Please review, print, and sign the waiver located here before attending programs. Program attendees without a signed waiver will be asked to sign one before participating.
- Families are required to wear face masks, and to practice physical distancing from other families during the program. Scroll down to see all of Teatown’s COVID policies.
- Meets outdoors at the trail map kiosk (on the main lawn behind Teatown’s Visitor Center)
- Programs require pre-registration. Online registration available until noon on November 3.
Teatown Program COVID Policies
The following precautions are being adopted by Teatown to ensure safety for public program participants and staff:
- Program participants registering for in-program series must print and sign this waiver before attending programs. Participants will not be admitted to programs without a signed waiver, and will be asked to sign one if they do not bring one.
- Program participants will be required to undergo a temperature check each day before being admitted to a program
- If a participant or any member of a participant’s household has any COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19 they must inform Teatown and remain home.
- All participants must wear face masks and observe physical distancing protocols – 6 ft apart as much is reasonably possible during activities.
- Program numbers are set to coincide with NYS DOH Reopening Phase 4 group limits.
- All shared program material will be sanitized after use in Teatown’s UV-C closet.
- All programs are outdoors. The Carriage House restrooms and Cliffdale Education Building restrooms will be available for program participants
- The Carriage House and Cliffdale Education Center are sanitized daily per CDC recommendations, or as needed between programs.
- No refunds will be issued for any programs. Credits for future programs will be issued for health-related reasons only.
- Programs will not take place in heavy rain or thunderstorms. Please check the weather before you step out!