School Field Trips
At Teatown, we believe that at the core of environmental stewardship is ecological literacy, including an understanding of the essential necessity of protecting nature and how we as individuals can participate in creating a healthy, sustainable community. Teatown’s educational programs are designed to empower students through knowledge Participants learn that what they do individually and in collective groups can make a difference.
- Are hands-on, inquiry based and developmentally – appropriate
- Taught in a small group format, with an instructor:student ratio of 1:12
- Connect Common Core, NYS Science Standards and STEM principles through real life experience
- Develop environmental awareness, understanding and engagement and promote environmental action.
Educational Outcomes: Our programs are designed to achieve at least one of the following outcomes.
- Awareness: Students will:
- Care (develop empathy) for the habitats and wildlife that surround us.
- Develop a sense of the environmental issues that affect our world.
- Forge connections to nature.
- Understanding and Skills: Students will:
- Understand the functioning of and interrelationships (interconnectedness) of natural systems.
- Understand the role humans play in these systems, and the complexity and dynamics of these relationships.
- Develop the skills to become better stewards or advocates of the environment and be able to make sound environmental decisions.
- Action: Students will become more engaged in environmental issues and take action to become better stewards of the environment.
Find out more about our specific programs below. Click here to learn about scholarships.